Sunday, May 9, 2010

Day 89

I've been really busy the last couple of weeks with work and reading some great books on my Kindle. I love this invention. It has helped me break my tv habit and I'm really enjoying reading more than the occasional magazine article and the daily newspaper. A few days ago I finished the novel, "Rooms" by James L. Rubart. I would compare his style of writing suspense to Ted Dekker and Frank Peretti. It was a very good book and I enjoyed it very much. Now I'm reading "Son of Hamas" by Mosab Hassan Yousef with Ron Brackin. It is the story of Mosab's journey from being the son of one of the founding members of Hamas and a Muslim to accepting Jesus Christ as his Savior. It is a facinating book and very hard to put down.

On another note, I've gone to the Loomis Quilt Guild Tea and Quilt show and the Dixon May Fair in the last two weekends. The next several days I will post pictures of some of the beautiful quilts I saw there. But first a picture of the biggest rabbit I've ever seen at the Dixon May Fair.
This rabbit is a French Lop and it was as big as a medium sized dog! I think it probably weighed 20 lbs.

1 comment:

  1. Sue, It's an electronic book reading device that you can download books to and read just like a regular book. The Kindle will hold about 1500 books.

    ReplyDelete